6+ mo CTH
We are seeking a Sales Compensation Manager for an exciting company in downtown San Francisco. This is a working management role where you will roll up your sleeves and dive in. You will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; make decisive decisions based on data and sound metrics, in alignment with company policy. You are able to see the long-term impact of today’s decisions, supporting a rapidly changing organization. You will have a level of integrity and drive to get things done.
You're a seasoned manager who can recognize where processes can be improved (great and small), and who will take the initiative to improve them. Using your strong communication skills, you'll effectively collaborate with a variety of cross functional partners. You're also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your partners, your manager, and their initiatives. You will provide strategic guidance and direction, along with being able to analyze data and resolve operational issues. You have the ability to perform flawlessly and professionally in a challenging and extremely fast-paced environment, while also having the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand.
* Create and standardize the sales commission function with the support of a Sales Compensation analyst in the administration and payment of variable compensation, in adherence to the variable compensation plan(s) and policy.
* Audit and review of compensation cost, while ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
* Identify and drive agreement or improvements to our sales compensation design, own the annual plan revision cycle and related policies and procedures by partnering across Finance, Sales Ops and HR.
* Monitor, analyze and present compensation plan effectiveness to sales leadership, finance, operations via QBR packages.
* Conduct cost modeling to support annual compensation expense and perform "what if" scenarios for impact of accelerators, excellence points and other variables.
* Research compensation issues and disputes and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
* Ensure compliance with SOX for our compensation documents, processes and programs.
* Own Global Sales Compensation case queue and meet team SLA’s.
* Work with Sales Operations to ensure consistency in data and opportunity information.
* Provide training on compensation mechanics, plans and policy.
* Own financial close deliverables.
* Partner with Sales Operations team to drive automation of variable compensation calculations via SPM platform (Obero) and/or generate new technical requirements for enhancements.
* Own and improve the compensation forecasting process.
* BS/BA Degree or equivalent, preferably with a strong analytical background
* 7 + years' experience in sales compensation, accounting or finance, with a focus on sales incentive pay and processes
* Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence cross-functional leaders and stakeholders that are part of the incentive compensation management process with sales leadership, finance, sales operations, business applications teams
* Proven project management skills and in-depth knowledge of sales compensation plan processes and procedures
* Independent self-starter with the ability to partner with all business levels to make decisions and deliver on solutions
* Hard-working and diligent personality with strong attention to detail
* Strong people orientation, with the great interpersonal skills needed to support dynamic sales teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
* Salesforce.com experience preferred
* Experience with Obero, Xactly Incent or a similar application
* Able to quickly adapt to new technologies and process changes
* Must thrive on moving fast, delivering big ideas and enabling change
* Ability to synthesize information into actionable insights and contribution to both creating and executing business strategies
* Smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions).
* Attention to detail and ability to multitask are critical
* Must be able to function as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment