We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join our clients Software Quality department. You will be responsible for planning, developing and execution of automated and manual test scripts in software engineering department. You will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods. Applies analytical skills and independent judgement in resolving software issues in coordination with software engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform duties as an individual contributor and/or team member with 100% hands-on work under supervision.
* Work closely with software development team to understand product requirements and to create corresponding test plan, test designs\protocols, and build test strategies for the project.
* Assist product owners in refining the definition of acceptance criteria for user stories
* Participate in the execution of automated and manual test protocols, according to SOPs to ensure product quality.
* Record, report, and verify software defects to accurately depict the software requirements.
* Participate in test protocol updates and participate in test design reviews.
* Work closely with Software Engineering team toward the reporting and resolution of design issues and/or software defects.
* Provide test result data to drafts of verification/validation reports.
* Create change orders in document control system.
* Update traceability matrices with guidance from senior software quality associates.
* Participate in daily management and other Agile Methodology activities.
* Previous experience testing software integrated with complex hardware.
* Exposure to FDA/ISO and GDP regulations in a regulated environment
* Knowledge of SQL including the ability to run queries and interpret results.
* Minimum of 2 years of software testing experience, or relevant training.
* Must have experience with Android, Linux and Windows environments, Android application testing.
* Self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly.
* Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills, troubleshooting skills; as well as dedication to customer service and satisfaction.
* Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly
* Experience working as a software test engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. medical device)
* Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch, with writing and running automation scripts and summarizing results in the context of the system as a whole.
* Experience with writing test scripts using web service protocols such as REST, HTTP, XML, and JSON.
* Passionate about testing, improving healthcare, and the future of connected devices technology
Education or Experience:
* BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Biology, BioMedical or related.