We are looking for a Software Development Test Engineer for a leading Molecular Device company. As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and execution of automated and manual test scripts in software engineering department. You will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods. Applies analytical skills and independent judgement in resolving software issues in coordination with software engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work closely with software development team to understand product requirements and to create corresponding test plan, test designs\test protocols, and build test strategies for the project.
* Assist product owners in refining the definition of acceptance criteria for user stories
* Design, develop and execute functional test cases, according to standard operating procedures
* Responsible for conducting manual tests to ensure the software created by developers fits its purpose.
* Ensure the software meets the intended requirements and software specifications, and all established quality standards specified in the test plan.
* Work collaboratively with the software development team to review test cases for completeness.
* Record,report and verify software defects in defect tracking tool
* Ensure that all best practices and enterprise standards are followed
* Responsible for documenting traceability matrices and Verification Report
* Work collaboratively in a Scrum development environment
* Be knowledgeable in QSR and Part 11 regulations
* 3+ years of software and mobile testing experience in developing test plans, traceability matrices, test cases, and test protocols.
* Working knowledge of SQL to query transactional databases required.
* Experience in executing automated test suites for performance Testing.
* Ability to understand functional/technical specifications.
* Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly.
* Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities required.
* Ability to establish solid business relationships and work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to have Requirements:
* Automation Testing experience
* Experience working in Bio Tech or Medical device industry
* Experience working as a software test engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
* Exposure to FDA/ISO requirements for documentation