We are looking for a remote Field Application Specialist to assist the Diagnostic Sales team for pre- and post- sale technical activities with a primary emphasis on growing the user base of diagnostic products in Illinois.
As a Field Application Specialist, you will provide technical direction and support to customers on instrument operation, assay implementation, and maintenance of company products. Conduct technical presentations and product demonstrations for customers. Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Technical Support, Service and global business units to identify and assess customer needs in order to provide high quality customer care that exceed expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Integrate clients instruments (including installation), assays and connectivity solutions into customer laboratories and provide support to the customer during the evaluation and implementation process.
* Independently manage assigned territory to include travel and scheduling.
* Provide demonstration of clients instrumentation, software and reagents to current and potential customers.
* Jointly develop account strategies with Sales Representatives aimed at increasing our clients business and retaining current business.
* Conduct technical seminars and presentations at customer sites, trade shows and workshops to drive thought leader adoption of technology.
* Proactively provide enhancements for development and optimization of assays, software and hardware.
* Follow normal standard of work for documentation and customer complaint handling to ensure total customer satisfaction.
* Ensure install and customer management database is updated with full activity traceability.
Education or Experience (in years):
* Bachelor"s degree in field with 5+ years of related work experience OR
* Master"s degree in field with 3+ years of related work experience OR
* Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge and skills:
* A minimum of 3 years of Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist experience.
* Experience in molecular and microbiology techniques.
* Experience using current technology for documentation and communication
Required competencies and behaviors:
* Demonstrated excellent project management skills
* Demonstrated excellent customer relations/service skills.
* Self-motivated and independent problem solving
* Goal oriented, results driven
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Works independently and team orientated
* Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook)
Preferred experience and skills:
* Hands-on experience with lab automation systems
* Hands-on experience with LIS/connectivity
* Experience with CRM, SAP or similar
* Sales team
* Field Service Engineers
* Technical Support
* Business Operations
* Marketing team
* Solutions team
* Key opinion leaders
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to handle or feel objects, utilize tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Repetitive movements (computer and cartridge set up) and long periods of screen time and office hours.
* This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
* Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in a lab environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events
* An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
* Travel: 75% of time with overnights
* Language: English
* Other: Valid driver license